There are dozens of kinds of exterior building signs for you to choose from. How can you be sure that you are getting the right one for your business in Austin, TX? Here’s our quick guide to narrowing down your sign options.
1. Think About Your Goals
Your exterior signage should reflect your goals as a business first and foremost. So, that’s where you should start when you’re considering which are right for your business. Your sign designer can help you do this, but here are some ideas to get you started:
- : If your goal is to advertise your brand, you may want a storefront sign, like channel letter signs.
- : Do your customers need more details about your services? A window vinyl sign can help you, or maybe a monument sign.
- : Promotions and events are simple to advertise with various exterior signs, including flag signs and post and panel signs.
- : Some businesses need to make their address more prominent. A storefront sign or monument sign is a good choice for this.
- : Many different exterior building signs can help you better connect with customers, from window vinyl to monument signs.
2. Consider Your Property
Every business property is a little different, and you can use the layout of your specific property to your advantage. For example, if you have a lot of glass, then window vinyl can help you use it. If you’re next to a major roadway with many other businesses, a pylon sign can help you get noticed.
3. Should It Be Temporary or Permanent?
You might need temporary exterior signage. If so, you’ll want to invest in something cost-effective for short-term campaigns. Options include flag signs, post & panel signs, hanging signs, and window graphics.
4. Consider Your Competition
Stores that are right nearby, and stores that offer that you do anywhere in Austin, are competitors for your customer’s attention. It’s wise to look at their signs and consider what you can do differently to stand out. Choose different signs or those with different lighting effects or colors.
5. Work with a Great Designer A great designer will point you towards the best sign options for your purpose and property. Find your great sign designer at the Georgetown Sign Company in Austin, TX. We can help you stand out and achieve your goals. Contact us.